Linggo, Hulyo 21, 2013

Blogpost #5 Differentiating Envy from Jealousy


Theres a huge difference between jealousy and envy though sometimes people think that they are the same. I do to before but when that one question popped on my mind I realized that I have to do my research on it and voila I'm here to share it to you. 

While I was searching for articles that may be related to this topic I found the perfect article that answers my question "Covetous: The Difference Between "Jealousy" and "Envy" " by Merill Perlman


Jealousy is the fear of losing someone or being watchful on keeping someone that you value very much. Jealousy has a strong feelings attached to it.. The word "jealous" came from a word "zealous" which means "ardent devotion" If there is a threat on something you have that you value very much like relationship it is called jealousy.


On the contrary, Envy is more like want or desire of something that you don't have that you see in someone else's like designer bags, luxury cars, properties. Though sometimes the word "envy" is considered as a more pleasant term that jealousy. The word envy came from a word "invidere" which means "give someone the evil eye"


Based on reading articles about their differences fed my empty mind, I realized that jealousy usually connects to love & relationships while envy connects to wanting something that someone else has. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento